One of the many ways to promote your web site is to join a ring. A "webring" is a way a group of related sites are linked to allow visitors to travel. By choosing to travel around the web by a ring, visitors can see a variety of sites and can still end up back at the site where they started.
This Ring is NOT for sites selling telephone calling cards. There is another kind of "calling card" that has nothing to do with telephones. Victorian tradition had vistors leaving their "calling" card. This has been revised with web graphic "calling cards" that web site visitors "leave" in web guest books and the like. Examples
The Victorian custom of leaving a 'calling card' when one paid a visit has been experiencing a rebirth on the World Wide Web. People are leaving calling cards in guest books, on bulletin boards, attached to emails, and so on! If you like to create web graphics and are interested in joining this ring, the first thing you need to do is fill out this form. I will email you some HTML code to add to your calling card page. (Of course, if you don't yet have a calling card page, then you'd better get busy, hadn't you? <grin>
A Few Rules...
1. Your site must contain free graphics calling cards, ready to be used or personalized by others, which are of your own creation.
2. No pornography, profanity or bigotry. I reserve the right to reject any site which I perceive as potentially offensive to the Calling Card Ring's visitors.
3. Sites will only be kept in the queue for 7 days. If you haven't got the ring code up correctly by then your site will be removed. You can resubmit when you are ready to follow through.
4. The code MUST be on the exact page you are submitting. So when I go and check the page I am sent to the exact page where I will see the code immediately.
5. If you place the code on a Web Ring page, there must be a clear, easy-to-find link to your calling cards from that page.
6. If your link or text color on the page you are putting the code on is too light against the yellow table background, you may of course change the text colors in the code. This is the only thing that may be changed. Please keep the code's appearance of a yellow "calling card" in a vertical position.
Once you have added the HTML fragment to your site and uploaded it to your server, email me, and I can add you to the ring. At that point, others can start to travel to and from your site using the ring. Again, if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email. This ring is not limited to Victorian style. All styles are welcome!
Join the Calling Card Ring!